Below you can find the current schedules (July 2022) of the tourist centers in El Hierro and some recommendations of the centers for visits.
EL HIERRO GEOPARK INTERPRETATION CENTER
(La Restinga Highway)
Tuesday to Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
LAS QUINTERAS HOUSE ETHNOGRAPHIC CENTER
(Valverde) Phone: 922 55 20 26
Monday to Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Sundays closed.
ECOMUSEUM OF GUINEA (LAGARTARIO/TOWN/TUBO VOLCÁNICO)
(Frontera) Tel.: 922 55 50 56
Every day from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Last visit 16:00)
GEOLOGICAL INTERPRETATION CENTER
(El Pinar) Phone: 922 55 84 23
Tuesday to Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
GAROÉ TREE INTERPRETATION CENTER
Every day from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
BIOSPHERE RESERVE INTERPRETATION CENTER
(Isora) Tuesday to Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
EL JULAN CULTURAL PARK (El Julan road)
Interpretation Center: Open every day from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Guided tours: Previous reservation minimum 24 hours before departure.
Information and bookings:
– 922 55 84 23 from Tuesday to Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
*GUIDED ROUTES IN EL JULAN ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE EL HIERRO TOURIST PASSPORT
Other places of interest: OUR LADY OF THE KINGS SANCTUARY (La Dehesa)
Open from Monday to Sunday. Hours October to May: 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. / June to September: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eucharist 1st Sunday of each month. Closed December 25 and January 1.
Recommendations to the visitor
- Rates and discounts. The centers have an entrance fee. There are special rates for residents in the Canary Islands, residents in El Hierro (to prove with DNI or Certificate of
Residence) and groups. Active teachers and tour guides, as well as those under twelve years of age (also duly accredited) enjoy free admission.
- Tourist Passport. The tourist passport is a joint ticket with no expiration date that allows you to visit all the centers at a cheaper price. It is a non-transferable ticket. Does not include the guided route to the archaeological zone of El Julan. It is for sale in tourist centers and information offices.
- Admission hours. All the centers require time to visit and enjoy, so we recommend being there one hour before closing time (two hours before at the Guinea Ecomuseum and the C.I. of the Geopark). Staff may deny you entry if you arrive close to closing time.
- Card payment. As a general rule, payment by card is preferred and appreciated, but in some especially isolated centers, such as the El Julan Cultural Park, there is no dataphone, so it is recommended to bring cash in case it is necessary. American Express is not accepted.
- Proper footwear. Some of the centers like; I.C. Garoé, Ecomuseum of Guinea, C.I. of the Geopark or the route to the El Julan site, present irregular terrain with a certain degree of difficulty in which suitable footwear (sports, closed) is recommended. The staff could deny you entry if they observe that the footwear is inappropriate and puts your safety at risk.
- Entry with pets is not allowed.
- Route to the site of El Julan. The guided tour of the site is not included in the tourist passport and must be booked in advance. It has a medium-high difficulty and a duration of 3-4 hours. It is not recommended in cases of health problems such as respiratory failure, heart problems and/or reduced mobility, or for children under twelve years of age.
- Route of the Ecomuseum of Guinea. The Ecomuseum of Guinea must be visited on a guided tour. The complete route consists of a visit to the Cueva de Guinea, the Lagartario and part of the Poblado de Guinea. This guided tour lasts approximately 1 hour 30 minutes. The rest of the town is visited on your own and the estimated duration is half an hour. Therefore, you should always have 2 hours to visit the center. Children under the age of six are not allowed to enter the cave.
- El Hierro Tourist Information Office. It is advisable to visit the Tourist Information Office for more information. Here you can get tourist guides in several languages, tourist passports, road maps, trail maps, etc. Dr. Quintero Magdaleno, 6 Valverde. Mon-Sat 10:00 – 18:00
- Rates and Discounts. All the centers have an entrance fee. There are discounts available for groups, residents in the Canary Islands and residents in El Hierro (accredited by DNI or Residence Certificate). Free admission for children under twelve years, teachers and tour guides duly accredited.
2.Tourist Passport. The Touristic Passport is a joint-ticket that allows the visit to all the centers at a cheaper price. It is a non-transferable entrance with no expiration
date. Available at all centers and tourism offices. Does not include the guided tour to El Julan Archeological Site.
- Visiting hours. It is recommended to arrive to the centers one hour before the closing time (two in Ecomuseo de Guinea and C.I. Geoparque). Staff can deny entrance if there is not enough time for the visit.
- Payment. We prefer card payment but in the center of El Julan payments have to be cash only. American Express is not accepted.
- Proper footwear is important. Some of the centers have even ground with medium-high difficulty paths where sturdy shoes are necessary. Staff can deny entrance if shoes are not suitable and can compromise your safety.
- Pets are not allowed.
7. El Julan Guided Tour. The guided tour to El Julan must be booked in advance and is not included on the Tourist Passport. Difficulty is medium-high and the duration is about 3-4 hours. This tour is not recommended for children under 12 years or people with health-related or mobility problems.
8. Ecomuseo de Guinea Guided Tour. Ecomuseo de Guinea can only be visited accompanied by a guide. The guided tour to the volcanic cave, The Recovery Center for The Giant Lizard of El Hierro and part of the village lasts about 1 h 30 m. The rest of the village can be visited without guide (estimated duration: 30 m). Keep in mind the whole visit can take up to 2h. No unguided visits to the cave and the Lizard Recovery Centre are allowed. Children under the age of six are not allowed in the volcanic cave.
9. Tourism Office. It is recommended to visit the Tourism Office to get information about the island, clarify doubts, buy the Touristic Passport, and guidebooks. Dr. Quintero Magdaleno, 6 Valverde. M-S 10:00 – 18:00